5S FOR BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT
One of the methods of determining an organisations approach to its business is to evaluate its workplace organisation capability & visual management standards. 5S engages people through the use of ‘Standards’ and ‘Discipline’.
THE 5 STEPS ARE AS FOLLOWS
- Sort: Sort out & separate that which is needed & not needed in the area.
- Straighten: Arrange items that are needed so that they are ready & easy to use. Clearly identify locations for all items so that anyone can find them & return them once the task is completed.
- Shine: Clean the workplace & equipment on a regular basis in order to maintain standards & identify defects.
- Standardise: Revisit the first three of the 5S on a frequent basis and confirm the condition of the Gemba using standard procedures.
- Sustain: Keep to the rules to maintain the standard & continue to improve every day.
- Know More
- 5S relates to workplace organisation and forms a solid foundation upon which many organisations base their drive for continuous improvement. It is equally applicable & successful in all sectors helping to achieve high impact results.
- It is a systematic and methodical approach allowing teams to organise their workplace in the safest and most efficient manner.
Temple QMS have always responded to the changing needs of our business. Advising, guiding and teaching the company all aspects of ISO.Weir Waste
The level of service and help I received has been exceptional everyone from the Accounts Department through to the Directors of the company should be proud of themselves.Wayne Roberts, DipQ