ISO 45001 Auditor Conversion Course
On completion of the course delegates will have the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of occupational health and safety management systems against ISO 45001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable.
The course is based on the IRCA specification – PR356 ISO 45001:2018 Auditor Conversion (OHSMS).
- Know More
- The purpose of an OH&S management system, and of OH&S management systems standards and the business benefits of the improved performance of the OH&S management system.
- Understanding ISO 45001 –
- The Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle and its application to OH&S management processes.
- The processes involved in establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, measuring, analysing, evaluating, reviewing, maintaining and improving an occupational health and safety management system, including the significance of these for OHSMS auditors.
- The terms and definitions used in ISO 45001.
- The requirements for OH&S management system documentation and the difference between maintaining and retaining documented information.
- The role of the OH&S management system auditor in assessing an organisation’s ability to provide a safe and healthy workplace, to prevent work related injury and ill health and to proactively improve its occupational health and safety performance.
- The role of the OHSMS auditor in evaluating an organisation’s ability to meet its legal and other requirements, including the difference between this role and the regulatory role of evaluating legal compliance.
- Planning, conducting, reporting and follow-up of audits of an OH&S management system.
- External and internal issues
- Determination of legal requirements and other requirements
- Consultation and participation
- Operational processes
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation of performance
- Management Review
- Continual Improvement
- Top management commitment
Who is the course intended for?
Existing lead auditors e.g. for QMS and/or EMS, who have not previously audited OH&S management systems.
Recommended – ISO 45001:2018 Foundation Course
Mandatory – Lead Auditor Training in another discipline
Required Knowledge of
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle,
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continual improvement.
- Occupational health and safety management – the concepts of managing occupational health and safety through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal requirements and other requirements.
- The relationship between occupational health and safety management and the provision of safe and healthy workplaces, the prevention of work-related injury and ill health, and the proactive improvement of health and safety performance.
- Common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 45001 and the commonly used occupational health and safety management terms and definitions
- Knowledge of management systems audit through satisfactory completion of a Lead Auditor Training course in another discipline.
Course Assessment and Accreditation:
Continuous assessment and a 1 hour 40-minute examination
Showing all 2 results
3rd-5th December, 2018
3 Day ISO Occupational Health & Safety 45001 Auditor Conversion Training
|Add to cart|
8th-10th April, 2019
3 Day ISO Occupational Health & Safety 45001:2018 IRCA Auditor Conversion Course
|Add to cart|
Temple QMS have always responded to the changing needs of our business. Advising, guiding and teaching the company all aspects of ISO.Weir Waste
The level of service and help I received has been exceptional everyone from the Accounts Department through to the Directors of the company should be proud of themselves.Wayne Roberts, DipQ