1 Day ISO 45001 Foundation Course
This course aims to provide delegates who have an existing basic knowledge of, or experience in, occupational health and safety (OH&S) management, with an understanding of the management systems approach and the requirements of ISO 45001.
The course is based on the IRCA specification – FD127 ISO 45001:2018 Foundation.
- Know More
- The purpose of an OH&S management system, of OH&S management system standards, and the business benefits of improved performance of the OH&S management system.
- The structure and content of ISO 45001.
- The OH&S management system related requirements of ISO 45001.
- The processes involved in establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, measuring, analysing, evaluating, reviewing, maintaining and improving an occupational health and safety management system, including the significant of these for OHSMS auditors.
- The terms and definitions defined and used in ISO 45001.
- Understanding the key elements of ISO 45001:
- External and internal issues, requirements of workers and other relevant interested parties, actions to address risks and opportunities, and the OH&S management system processes.
- OH&S Policy
- Leadership and commitment
- Hazard identification and assessment of risks and opportunities
- Support – Resources, competence, awareness and communication
- Operations – management of change, procurement
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation
- Internal audit.
- Management review
Who is the course intended for?
Anyone wishing to improve their knowledge of the ISO 45001:2018 Standard.
Required Knowledge of:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- A basic knowledge of managing occupational health and safety through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal requirements and other requirements.
- Common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements
Course Assessment and Accreditation:
Temple QMS have always responded to the changing needs of our business. Advising, guiding and teaching the company all aspects of ISO.Weir Waste
The level of service and help I received has been exceptional everyone from the Accounts Department through to the Directors of the company should be proud of themselves.Wayne Roberts, DipQ